The Full Size Stainless Steel Dual Tap Kegerator (KC2000SSTWIN) by EdgeStar is the perfect addition to any bar, restaurant, living room or kitchen! With the EdgeStar Full Size Stainless Steel Dual Tap Kegerator and Draft Beer Dispenser you’ll be keeping your guests happy with fresh, chilled draft beer and adding a classy appliance to your living room!
The EdgeStar Full Size Stainless Steel Dual Tap Kegerator can hold most full size half barrel kegs, pony kegs or slim quarter kegs and up to two sixth barrel kegs. It comes with a 5 lb. aluminum CO2 cylinder (empty) and a pressure gauge. The kegerator weighs 81.6 pounds and its external size dimensions are 48 1/2 x 20 1/10 x 24 13/16 – the height includes the draft tower.
The EdgeStar full size kegerators have the capability to reach ultra-low temperatures. It can be easily converted to a refrigerator and comes with a two piece drip tray and chrome safety rail. The kegerator has a smooth stainless steel finish, reversible door hinges that let the door swing both ways and wheels for mobility. It includes all the required hardware which is NSF approved and made in USA.
- Ships with all the necessary hardware: The EdgeStar Full Size Stainless Steel Dual Tap Kegerator comes with all the parts required to tap one keg or two sixth barrels. The components include the empty CO2 tank, regulator, coupler, beer lines, air lines, tap, tower, drip tray, faucets and faucet handles (keg not included)
- Dual Tap: The kegerator comes with two taps to run to different beers, giving you and your friends a choice in your drink.
- Ultra-Low Temperature: Like all EdgeStar full Size kegerators the KC2000SSTWIN also has the capability to reach temperatures in the low 30s.
- Doubles as a Fridge: It can be transformed into a small refrigerator when you’re not using it to store kegs.
- Pressure Gauge: The CO2 tank comes with an easy-to-read pressure gauge.
- Easy Portability: The kegerator has good quality rolling casters that make it extremely portable
- American Made & NSF approved: All the components of the appliance are NSF approved and made in America.
- Noisy: The appliance often makes loud popping noises.
- Thermostat Issues: Users have complained about temperature problems and the beer not getting cold enough. While others have had complaints of their appliance getting too cold and freezing up their kegs. The thermostat requires a lot of tweaking before you reach the temperature that is ideal for you.
- Unsatisfactory Installation Guide: The directions in the manual are that of a single tap kegerator so the installation process can be very difficult especially if it’s the first time you’re setting up a kegerator. Online guides and videos can be helpful in the process.
- Storage limitations: The kegerator does have a limited storage capacity and does not support Coors, Miller rubberized or other oversized kegs.
- Quality Issues with Certain Parts: There have been complaints regarding the quality of some of the parts like the drip tray which is made of plastic and the faucets that can seize up.
All in all, the EdgeStar Full Size Stainless Steel Dual Tap Kegerator has a decent design with good features especially the dual tap functionality. Most of the drawbacks are minor and can be sorted out with a little bit of work. However the loud noises make this kegerator less desirable than the other EdgeStar kegerators.
EdgeStar KC2000SSTWIN Images