Kegerators can fulfill your long held dream of being able to have and serve ice cold pints of beer in your living room – but only if you manage to find one that does its job well, without emptying your bank account! So if you’re looking to get a good quality, good looking kegerator with a decent storage capacity at a reasonable price, be sure to check out Kegco’s K199SS-1 Kegerator.
The Kegco K199SS-1 Kegerator has a decent storage capacity and is large enough to hold 1/2 barrels / Full Size Kegs (15.5gal), 1/4 barrels / Ponies (7.75gal). The size dimensions of the appliance are 33 H x 20 W x 25.5 D inches and it is not compatible with rubber or bevel kegs that are wider in the middle. It has a freestanding application and a very nice looking design with its black cabinet and decorative stainless steel door. This full sized keg cooler includes a complete Direct Draw Kit that is compatible with D System Kegs.
It also comes with a Commercial Single Gauge Co2 Regulator, a new 5lb Co2 Tank, Commercial Grade D system Lever Handle Keg Tap Coupler, a 3 inch Diameter Chrome Plated Metal Draft Beer Tower and a Chrome Beer Faucet with Brass Lever. The kegerator comes with 2 full width wire shelves and a hole plug which makes it easy to convert it into a compact refrigerator. It also has a removable drip tray to collect spills and a chrome guard rail to prevent glasses from falling off. The appliance includes a reversible door and rolling casters as well.
- Decent Storage: The Kegco K199SS-1 Kegerator has a decent storage capacity and can hold full sized kegs as well as ponies.
- Stylish Design: It has a very nice design with a black cabinet and black smudge-free, stainless steel door.
- All Parts Included: The appliance includes all the parts required for installation.
- Easy to Install: The installation process is simple and straight forward.
- Reversible Door: It has a reversible door that swings both ways making it perfect for left or right handed opening.
- Doubles as a Fridge: The Kegco K199SS-1 Kegerator can be converted into a fridge with two wire shelves when it’s not being used to store kegs.
- Rolling Casters: It comes with rolling caster wheels that make it easy to move around.
- Noisy: The biggest compliant registered by users is that the kegerator is very noisy. It tends to make random, loud popping noises.
- Poor Circulation of Air: Unlike other Kegco kegerators, this model lacks a fan for circulation of air on the inside which results in the appliance taking a much longer time to cool down kegs. It also reduces the cooling capacity.
- Warm Tower: The tower can get warm as there is no tower chiller, (can be bought separately) resulting in initial foamy/warm pours.
Kegco K199SS-1 Images
Overall, the Kegco K199SS-1 Kegerator is a fine appliance that is easy to install, has a decent capacity, stylish design and can be converted into a compact refrigerator. However, it makes loud noises and takes a longer period of time to cool down kegs because it lacks a fan. Due to this reason and the fact that the tower tends to get warm, the appliance becomes a little unsatisfactory.