A good quality kegerator keeps your beer fresh and chilled; and is cost effective at the same time. If you’re a beer lover, you know that deal is too good to resist – so good in fact that you might be convinced into buying an appliance that later proves to be not so durable. But don’t worry, because that’s where Edgestar comes in. The EdgeStar Full Size Kegerator (KC2000) is a durable, high quality kegerator with a good storage capacity along with an impressive design and a host of useful features.
The EdgeStar Full Size Kegerator is perfect for residential and commercial use. It has a black stainless steel finish and a design-to-fit style. It has the capacity to hold US Standard 1/4 and 1/2 Kegs though it is not built to support Coors, Miller rubberized or other oversized kegs. The EdgeStar Full Size Kegerators (KC2000) have the unique capability to reach temperatures in the low 30s which makes them stand out from other keg coolers available in the market.
The size dimensions of the appliance are 48 1/2 x 20 1/10 x 24 13/16 (height includes the draft tower) and weighs 81.6 pounds. It comes with removable wire coated shelves and can easily be converted to an auto defrost refrigerator. The kegerator includes a 5-pound brewer preferred, upgraded aluminum CO2 cylinder (needs to be filled) with an easy-to-read pressure gauge. Other parts provided with the appliance include the two-piece drip tray, chrome safety rail, protective floor plate and caster wheels. The beer lines, the tower, faucets, handles and hoses of the appliance are all American made and NSF approved.
- Ultra Low Temperature: The EdgeStar Full Size Kegerator (KC2000) is one of the coldest kegerators in the market. It has the capability to reach temperatures in the low 30s keeping your beer chilled at all times.
- Easy to Install: It comes with an easy installation guide that has step by step picture illustrations to guide you through the installation process. It is considered one of the simplest kegerators in terms of installation.
- Stylish Design: It has a sleek, black stainless steel door and a black body which makes it a nice addition to any décor.
- Insulated Tower: An even temperature is maintained to the beer lines due to the foam insulation which lines the inner walls of the tower.
- External CO2 Tank with Pressure Gauge: The CO2 tank saves twice the amount of carbon dioxide because of being placed outside the kegerator. The pressure gauge provided with the tank is very easy to read.
- Decent Capacity: The kegerator can hold up to full sized, half shell Sankey standard kegs.
- All Necessary Parts Included: The appliance comes with all the parts required for installation i.e. CO2tank, regulator, coupler, beer line, tap, tower, drip tray, faucet, and faucet handle.
- Doubles as a Refrigerator: The kegerator can be converted to a small refrigerator with removable shelves.
- Caster Wheels for Mobility: It is very portable and can be wheeled around.
- USA made, NSF approved parts: All the components are made in America and are NSF approved.
- Temperature Complications: There may be some complications regarding the temperature but these can be fixed by contacting the EdgeStar customer service, who will in turn email you simple instructions on how to change the thermostat settings to get the required temperature.
- Noisy: The appliance has had complaints about being occasionally noisy.
The EdgeStar Full Size Kegerator (KC2000) is a great pick for beer lovers. With its ultra-low temperature capability, easy installation, good quality casters, and sleek design, it is sure to give you the value of your money.
EdgeStar KC2000 Images